Responsible for recruitment, retention, selection and partial education of volunteers. Responsible for coordinating the training program for the volunteers and for placement and supervision of all trained volunteers.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Satisfactory completion of the hospice training course.
- One (1) year experience in coordinating a volunteer program preferred.
- One (1) year experience with community planning or community relations.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Ability to supervise, delegate and assess patient’s needs to make appropriate volunteer assignments.
- Ability to work with other members of the Interdisciplinary Team in the care planning process.
- Humanitarian attitude and a good understanding of hospice philosophy.
- Acceptance of the goals, mission and philosophy of Comfort Care Hospice.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Defines, develops, and evaluates the role of hospice volunteers.
- Recruits, screens, and assigns volunteers to meet the needs of the terminally ill patients and their families.
- Supervises and evaluates the activities of all volunteers.
- Arranges and participates in support and in-service meetings for all volunteers, according to needs.
- Develops and maintains appropriate records of volunteers’ visits; assists in the preparation of statistics.
- Assists in coordinating fundraising activities.
- Participates in high-quality training programs for the volunteers, continually assessing the need for change in the program.
- Participates in community activities related to hospice, such as speaking and education.
- Maintains and updates material used for volunteer training.
- Attends interdisciplinary team meetings. Maintains close communication with the volunteers assigned to each patient to ensure that all important information is relayed in the patient conferences.
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.