Assess, plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate the nursing care provided to hospice patients. Coordinate the interdisciplinary care by working through a team of case managers, aides and other health care delivery professionals in accordance with patient needs, government regulations and Company policies so as to maintain excellent care for the patients.
Registered nurse with current licensure to practice nursing in the state employed.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
Must have at least two (2) years nursing experience with a minimum of one (1) year of hospice and supervisory experience.
Completion of post-secondary education and be able to read, write and follow oral and written directions.
Must be proficient in use of Electronic Medical records systems and ability to direct others in use of systems.
Must be able to relate positively and favorably to patients, families and outside agencies and to work cooperatively with other Employees.
Must be capable of maintain regularly scheduled attendance.
Complies with acceptable professional standards and practice.
Demonstrates good communication and management skills.
Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility, and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
Must hold a current and valid CPR certification.
Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with management staff and Agency Administrator/Branch Manager in planning all aspects of the nursing operation, including establishing priorities and job assignments.
- Coordinate the establishment and implementation of the patient’s plan of care, communicate policies, evaluate performance, provide feedback and assist and coach as needed.
Continuous Quality Improvement Function:
- Monitor the delivery of patient care, and the effective coordination with other support services.
- Perform on-site evaluation for field employees within ninety (90) days of hire and then annually. Perform on-site field supervision, as needed, to proactively identify problem areas, verify adherence to agency policy and procedures and assume that care/service is appropriately provided.
- Assist the Agency Administrator/Branch Manager with the agency’s Performance Improvement Plan and Clinical Record Utilization review process.
Management Areas of Programs:
- Coordinate, implement and manage administrative functions and areas or programs related to nursing services which may include; coordinaton of twenty four (24) hour nursing coverage, seven (7) days a week.
- Review documentation for compliance with Medicare/Medicaid guidelines; necessity of services and compliance with physician’s orders.
- Coordinate, conduct and maintain accurate records of all clinical in-house meetings to include:
- Patient Case Conference
- Clinical Staff Meetings
- In-Service Education Programs
Regulatory Compliance Function:
- Maintain a working knowledge and ensure compliance with all governmental regulations.
Employee Relations Function:
- Comply with employment laws and Company policies to ensure practices that maintain high morale and staff retention to include effective communication, prompt problem resolution and maintain a positive work environment.
- Play an active role in carrying out the agency marketing plan through marketing and community education activities; educating nurse discharge planners, participate in health fairs and civic groups.
Public Relations Function:
- Develop positive relationships on behalf of the Company with government regulators, patients, families, the health care community and the community at large.
- Conduct and participate in department and agency education activities and staff meetings.
- Maintain professional competence through participation in continuing education programs, seminars and training programs.
Patient Rights Function:
- Understand, comply with and promote rules and regulations regarding patient’s rights.
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.