To manage the Company’s inquiry and referral process. Facilitate the transfer of patients from a hospital to the home care setting. Facilitate the provision of home care to patients as referred by the attending physician or others. Assists in providing continuity of medical care and organization of family resources.
- Completion of post-secondary education preferred.
- Must have at least six (6) months of sales experience, one (1) year preferred.
- Must have related administrative experience at a level necessary to accomplish this position.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to patients, families, and outside agencies and to work cooperatively with other employees.
- Must be capable of maintaining regularly scheduled attendance.
- Knowledge of reimbursement programs for payor sources, preferred (or ability to learn).
- Demonstrates excellent communications and public relations skills.
- Must hold a current driver's license in the state employed and maintain current automobile liability insurance.
- Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for taking inquiry calls from hospitals, families, etc. and handling the referral process.
- Ensure that responses to inquiries are handled properly, timely and with appropriate follow-up.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency re: census/premium mix enhancement and management.
- Communicate special needs of new patients to staff to ensure a smooth transition.
- Collect and analyze data on business contacts, referral patterns and customer preferences for efficient territory management.
- Monitory inquiry, admission and census trends as part of Performance Improvement.
- Prepare inquiry summary reports, inquiry log and other reports as required.
- Monitor all active and inactive inquiries and evaluate who we were able to admit.
- Share results with management team and others as appropriate to develop action plans as needed.
- Alert appropriate department heads and agency staff of projected admissions.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Patient Care Coordinator and Case Manager to assure appropriate and efficient decisions about prospective admissions.
- Participate in team conferences, staff meetings, in-services and/or Performance Improvement Committee meetings as requested
- Maintain a working knowledge of federal and state regulations and reimbursement (Medicare and Medicaid).
- Monitors and reports cost-effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.