Registered Nurse - Admissions
JOB TITLE: Admission Nurse
**$10,000 Sign On Bonus**
To assist the Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) in leading and direction of the overall nursing operation of the agency in accordance with patients' needs, physician’s orders, governmental regulations approval for delivery of care.
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state employed.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Maintains a current CPR certification.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience, at least one (1) of which is in the area of public health or home care or hospice nursing.
- Demonstrates an ability to work with other health care clinicians, development of home plan of care, knowledge of third party reimbursement, and ability to negotiate payment rates.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent observation verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform initial visit and identify the patient’s physical, psychosocial, spiritual and environmental status to evaluate if the patient meets the agency’s established admission criteria. If the patient meets the admission criteria, the admission nurse conducts the initial assessment.
- Initiates the comprehensive plan of care.
- Uses health assessment data to determine hospice diagnosis
- Provides health care teaching to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development.
- Completes admission process and updates the primary physician.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
- Communicates with supervisor and/or Administrator on call regarding issues present.
- Explains procedure for receiving and investigating complaints, consent for services, insurance information, assignment of benefits, patient responsibilities and emergency plan for the patient.
- Checks any medications the patient may be taking to identify possible ineffective drug therapy or adverse reactions, significant side effects, drug allergies and contraindicated medication.
- Conducts a complete medical history, family support systems, home environment and safety issues.
- Maintain a working knowledge and ensure compliance with all governmental regulations.
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.